Group 4 entails a significant increase in both volume and intensity of training and swimmers are ineligible to join Group 4 until after they have reached their 12th birthday.
The emphasis in this squad changes from stroke development to performance. Swimmers in this squad are expected to have a very high attendance at training. In this squad swimmers are expected to attend galas regularly, with particular emphasis on provincial, national and, in time, international meets.
Group 4 train six times a week and also comprises land training sessions - please see the CSSC Training Schedule (2018-2019) for days and times. Swimmers at this level are introduced to long course competitions (50 metre pool).
Swimmers should bring a mesh bag, pull buoy, snorkel, hand paddle, a pair of swimming fins and a water bottle to every session.
Aims of Group 4
The aims of Group 4 are to:
- Achieve honours at provincial, national and International level
- Attend at 6 training session per week
- Cover between 3.5 - 5.0 km per session
- Train within competitive coaching framework
- Attend available competitions
- Look for long distance swimming events
- Keep a log of training and competition performance
- Set goals to match expected competition performance with training performance
- Responsibility for training equipment
- Acquire a mesh bag, pull buoy, fins, hand paddle and swim snorkel
- Work towards assistant swimming teaching award
- Progress towards Regional and National squad entry criteria based on qualification times.
Group 4 Performance Focus
- High performance group
- High competitive focus to training and performance in competition
- Swim 20 x 100m F/C on 1m20s
- Swim 20 x 100m I.M. on 1m45s with correct turns
- Swim 1500m F/C with bilateral breathing and correct tumble turns
- Swim T30 time trial with continuous swimming
- Swim 200m Fly in competition in the current competition year
- Have swum 400m F/C in competition in the current competition year
- Have swum 400m I.M. in competition in the current competition year
- Achieve Connacht and National Squads qualifying times in their Age Groups in 2 different strokes.
Criteria for Group 4
Parent's Information Night Slides - Group 4 (coming soon)
CSSC Training Schedule (2018-2019)
Group 4 Bank Duty roster - Dec.