Group 3 focuses on “Training to Train – Building Swimmers” and swimmers will typically be aged between 11 and 13 years old. Group 3 swimmers train six hours per week in the pool and also have 1 hour of land training - please see the CSSC Training Schedule (2019-2020) for days and times.
Swimmers should bring a mesh bag, pull buoy, snorkel, hand paddle, a pair of swimming fins and a water bottle to every session.
Aims of Group 3
The aims of Group 3 are to:
- Attending 5 training sessions per week is encouraged - one morning session is required
- Should cover between 3.0 - 3.5 km per session
- Master competency across the 4 strokes and starts/turns
- Train within competitive coaching framework
- Attend available competitions
- Keep a log of training and competition performance
- Learn how to set goals and match expected competition performance with training performance
- Responsibility for training equipment
- Acquire a mesh bag, pull buoy, fins, snorkel and hand paddle
- Progress towards Group 4 entry criteria.
Group 4 Entry Criteria
- High performance group
- Swim 20 x 100m F/C on 1:45
- Swim 15 x 100m I.M. on 2m00s with correct turns
- Swim 1500m F/C with bilateral breathing and correct tumble turns
- Swim T30 time trial with continuous swimming
- Swim 400m kick on 4 strokes
- Swim 200m Fly legally
- Achieve DIV 2 qualifying time in their Age Groups in 2 different strokes, one alternate and one simultaneous.
Criteria for Group 3 (Aug 2019)
Parent's Information Night Slides - Group 3 (Nov 2019)
CSSC Training Schedule (2019-2020)
Group 3 Bank Duty roster - Feb 2020 Mar 2020