Group 2 focuses on “Swim Skills – Building Swimmers” and swimmers will typically be aged between 8 and 12 years old. Group 2 swimmers train three hours per week in the pool - please see the CSSC Training Schedule (2022-2023) for days and times.
Swimmers should bring a mesh bag, pull buoy, a pair of swimming fins and a water bottle to every session.
Aims of Group 2
The aims of Group 2 are to:
- Attend 3 training sessions per week
- Cover between 2.0 - 2.5 km per session
- Develop and improve technique on the 4 strokes
- Develop skills for competitive starts and turns
- Increase levels of endurance and speed
- Increase knowledge of the rules of the sport
- Accurate use of pace clock
- Learn basic stretching and flexibility work
- Responsibility for training equipment
- Acquire a mesh bag, fins and pull buoy
- Progress towards Group 3 Squad Entry Criteria.