Group 2 focuses on “Swim Skills – Building Swimmers” and swimmers will be aged between 8 and 12 years old. Group 2 swimmers train three hours per week in the pool and also have 1 hour of land training - please see the CSSC Training Schedule (2018-2019) for days and times.
Swimmers should bring a mesh bag, pull buoy, a pair of swimming fins and a water bottle to every session.
Aims of Group 2
The aims of Group 2 are to:
- Attend 3 training sessions per week
- Cover between 2.0 - 2.5 km per session
- Develop and improve technique on the 4 strokes
- Develop skills for competitive starts and turns
- Increase levels of endurance and speed
- Increase knowledge of the rules of the sport
- Accurate use of pace clock
- Learn basic stretching and flexibility work
- Responsibility for training equipment
- Acquire a mesh bag, fins and pull buoy
- Progress towards Group 3 entry criteria:
Group 3 Entry Criteria
- Swim 8 x100m F/C on 2m30s with bilateral breathing and correct turns
- Swim 5 x 100m I.M. on 2m45s with correct turns
- Swim 500m F/C with bilateral breathing and correct tumble turns
- Swim 400m B/C legally with correct turns
- Swim 200m Br/S legally
- Swim 300m kick on 4 strokes
- Swim 100m Fly legally
- Achieve 2 “B” times in a graded gala in two different events: One in “alternate stroke”, i.e. Free or Back, and Other on “simultaneous stroke”, i.e. Breast or Fly.
Criteria for Group 2
Parent's Information Night Slides - Group 2 (coming soon)
CSSC Training Schedule (2018-2019)
Group 2 Bank Duty roster - Dec.