Group 1 focuses on building fundamentals and swimmers must be at least 8 years old. Group 1 swimmers train two hours per week - Tuesday and Saturday from 5pm to 6pm.
Swimmers should bring a mesh bag, a pair of swimming fins and a water bottle to every session.
Aims of Group 1
The aims of Group 1 are to:
- Attend 2 sessions per week
- Cover between 1.5 - 2.0 km per session
- Train in a group environment and display discipline
- Stroke progression over the 4 strokes
- Competitive turns over 4 strokes
- Develop endurance and speed training
- Learn the basic rules of sport
- Use of pace clock
- Responsibility for training equipment
- Acquire a mesh bag & pair of fins (swimming fins)
- Progress towards Group 2 entry criteria:
Group 2 Entry Criteria
- Perform competitive starts on the four strokes
- Higher competence in the four strokes and turns
- Swim 400m F/C with bilateral breathing and correct tumble turns
- Swim 200m B/S & Br/S legally
- Swim 200m F/S & B/S kick
- Swim 100m Br/S & Butterfly kick
- Swim 50m Fly legally
- Attendance in a graded galas in two different events: One in “alternate stroke”, i.e. Free or Back, and another on “simultaneous stroke” , i.e. Breast or Fly.
Criteria for Group 1
Parent's Information Night Slides - Group 1 (2018-2019)
CSSC Training Schedule (2018-2019)
Group 1 Bank Duty roster - May.